- Leading international provider of specialty freight forwarding and logistics services for highly complex and time-sensitive projects
- Core focus on providing international freight forwarding services to the global music touring industry
- Also serves adjacent high-touch markets: fine art, specialty automotive, live events, and temporary power
- New Markets: Calera identified meaningful growth opportunities through extension of Rock-It Cargo’s business model into adjacent markets. Within its core freight forwarding platform, Rock-It Cargo expanded the business by entering other high-touch, highly consequential markets such as fine art, specialty automotive, and temporary power.
- Geographic Expansion: Calera oversaw the opening of new offices and joint ventures in geographies where the company was directing significant freight volume, allowing Rock-It to drive further growth across each of its segments.
- Acquisitions: With Calera's support, Rock-it completed targeted acquisitions that furthered its expansion into new markets and geographies. Calera also partnered with the Rock-It team in the acquisition of Tait, another management-owned and led business. Tait provides set design and construction with a similarly strong market share position to Rock-It in music touring. Through the further add-on of Stage Tech, Tait extended its leading share position to the permanent installation market and provided another vertical for further growth.
- Senior Management: Calera worked with founder and CEO David Bernstein and his team to make several management additions which helped support efforts around system implementations, institution of best practices, and the development of necessary infrastructure to support growth.