- Leading international provider of technology-enabled employment background screening services
- Provides criminal background checks, employment and education verification, drug testing and other pre and post-employment screening services
- Service delivered via front-end web-based interface, with searches executed via proprietary technology platform
- Sales and Marketing: Calera invested heavily in the sales and marketing capabilities of the organization, increasing sales headcount by more than threefold and marketing headcount by 10x. At the same time, productivity per salesperson increased by 75%
- New Services: Calera helped launch a product offering, Verified Volunteers, which provided background screening services for volunteer organizations. This new service line provided access to a large, high growth market with significant untapped potential. Calera also helped create Arrest Direct, a post-employment, recurring revenue product that opened up a large growth opportunity to sell into Sterling’s 22,000 customer base.
- Acquisitions: With Calera’s support, Sterling executed four strategic acquisitions which added scale, new products, new customer capabilities and an international presence. Each of these acquisitions was fully integrated onto a consolidated platform, resulting in significant efficiencies for the business.
- Senior Management: With the support of William Greenblatt, Calera Capital invested significantly in Sterling’s management team and infrastructure by adding a new CEO, CFO, CTO, CMO and General Counsel.